Wednesday 30 June 2010

Early birthday meal.

Right my birthday is next week; the 7th so feel free to shower me in gifts. This post is all about food with no skating so beware!
My brother has been up for a bit for my dad's belated birthday meal so my mum thought we might aswell go for a meal while he was around as it was my birthday soon. I'm not complaining loads of lush meals in a short space of time is good for this asian.
So my rents, brother, Nicola and myself proceeded to hit up a meal. The venue of choice was 'Jesmond Dene house', Jackie keeps raving about this place so it was time to see what all the fuss was about.



For my starter I went for the foie gras terrine. Foie gras is the liver of a duck/goose which has been fattened through force feeding. Apparently outside France it is occasionally done through natural feeding. This was extremely tasty so I hope this duck was force fed, I swear the tears of the duck made this taste better.



For the main I again opted for a cruel but tasty meal, this time in was veal (Baby cows) with sun dried tomato's and I think a potato rosti. This was lovely, the meat was so soft it practically melted in your mouth.



For desert I went for a chocolate sphere, which was a chocolate sphere which contained a shortbread style biscuit, almond icecream and caramel sauce, What was quite cool was that they poured hot chocolate sauce over it which melted the top of the chocolate sphere which revealed the tasty insides. Verdict death by chocolate.



My mum took a cheeky picture of my brothers desert as she thought it deserved a photo, that said it did look very nice. not 100 per cent sure what it was, though it had a mini chocolate fondent cake, what looks like chocolate icecream and other tasty things on. My bro was pretty stoked afterwards so it must have been nice!



So there you go, much fun was had and much food was eaten. Now remember the 7th of July as its the day you all buy me loads of food/presents, goodbye and goodnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

much food was eaten? THE pLATES ARE EMPTY.

nomeatballs said...

i have just scrolled the inner working of your site and have came to the verdict that you are a full blown food beast..............
my earlya post about the plates being empty is now taking back, you eat more food that a hungry zombie with a lust for human flesh