Thursday 23 July 2009

Food glorious food.

Well welcome to another edition of Bangers and Mash!

We'll start with Mash as that has the most info as usual.

My mum and dad took me for a belated birthday meal the other week and the venue which was chosen was Cafe Royal near the Grainger Market (Also the work place of Matty Smith).

I decided for my meal I'd go for the venison with creamy mash, veg and bacon. I had it medium rare and it was lovely tender!



My mum went for the chicken sandwich which was bloody huge, it had many things of goodness inside, plus she couldn't finish it so I got to have some of it, RESULT!



My dad went with the classic steak and chips and he wasn't too pleased on having to wait for me to take a photo of his meal before he could start eating!



All in all another top notch family meal!

Some time in the next week or so a few of us went to American diner, alas my phone died so I only got the chance to take pictures of my meal, but hopefully you'll enjoy!

I started with the Reise's milkshake.



My main was a little controversial but I thought it was very tasty. I had the super stack of 6 pancakes covered in maple syrup, 2 sausages and then a scoop of chocolate icecream! It was lush but as I was a little hungover I had to share some of it!



Lovely jubbly!

Then last weekend I made a epic journey down to Bournemouth for a family friends 60th birthday meal.
After a quick wash after a near 7 hour train journey we went to the restaurant.
I started with the scallops with pancetta covered in a cream sauce. It was lovely but I wish I had got a larger starter!



My starter may have been small but goddamn my main made up for it! I got a massive piece of belly pork with crackling on a bed of creamy champ mash in a rich gravy. It was very good!



We all had the same desert as we had a fruit pavlova which had a nice variety of fruits involved. It was a refreshing end to the meal, job done!



And for our Bangers we have a montage of our recent skate/party/job trip to London, enjoy!

http://blip.tv/file/2386802?filename=Bish35-LondonMontage431.mov

1 comment:

Christian Lawson-Perfect said...

I can't believe I still haven't been to the american diner! I suppose I'm never down that end of town...

Next post I want tales of pizza adventures!